Friday, January 7, 2011

Nordic assault on lift assisted ski area.

  When NOAA states that there is a  "Lake Effect snow warning" this can be loosely translated as " skip work and go ski. " to day was a little different because I  PAID to ski.  Generally speaking the "pay to play" market,  for fun should be completely subverted by the " liberate fun " ethic, poaching can be such great pleasure. Granted this is an ethic that could lead to death.


As the Lake effect fell, I paid to ski for the first time. Rode a ski lift for the first time. Got knocked off the ski lift for the first time....and got schooled by an 84 year old woman in alpine skis.  I only wish i had had a sticker to give her. her partner was in her 60s and also was out having a ton of fun, and skiing lines that i was afraid to hit. Nan, if you read this- contact me and i will mail you a sticker.

I free healed it down with the Nordic BC/ cross country downhill set up.  Army surplus Karhus, Soloman Raid Bindings and The Greenlands.  I learned the shortcomings of my Telemark technique, and ate shit a number of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment