Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer scouting for ski areas

Scout vehicle

In the sweltering heat of July one fantasy overshadows all others. Granted this fantasy is surely of the " the grass is greener" variety. Questions like  " What would this look like with 2 feet of snow?" How would i get here, "  "who would come with to ski this with me?" parade around in my mind as the sweat runs down my face.  Take a look at this video, I think that these guys probably do the same thing.  Most of this is a couple of guys using Pittsburgh as their private terrain park- going down stairs on rails and shit like that.  Essentially just like Skateboarders do- which further solidifies my own tenuous link between the two pursuits. Granted i cant ollie on to a railing, nor could i get my skis to do that- but it is rad none the less.
urban ski

I have been searching out these places on trips to Lake Michigan, and on skates along the Kalamazoo River trailway.


" why are you taking a picture of this hill "

Sweltering desert in summer,  steep hill to ski on substandard gear FTD!
This glade is easily accessed fromt he Kalamazoo River Trailway

another bad pic of the same glade.

No comments:

Post a Comment