Sunday, November 23, 2014

devils lake = rad. my lead climbing = sad



     The Semi-annual excursion to Devils Lake, WI  October 2014.
   
     stopping in Chicago we found that our friends Shawn and Glen had stopped smoking, but their fish has started a pipe habit.






We utilized a group camp site this year.  It turned out to be great, with super easy access to the East Bluff.  The ritual of sorting gear was completed every morning.





\\

My lead climbing was especially weak.  My placements popped out...my confidence plummeting with them as they shimmied down the rope.  As you can see from the picture above I was grovelling a fair amount. A long monologue of negative self talk accompanied me as I struggled with the physical and psychological aspects of each move. 




 Climbing the Talus slope is always a high light at Devils Lake.
















No comments:

Post a Comment