Saturday, March 19, 2011

long distance skateboarding



 I know that many people go further- but over the last few days i have put in about 10 miles worth of pushing and land paddling.  I have gotten many of those miles on the new Kalamazoo River Trailway. This path is smooth, under used, and super fun.  Now for the skateboarder there are a few things to beware of.. 1. rocks and other debris.  Easily seen in the picture above is wash out from the gravel. I imagine as the trail matures this will be less of a problem..but it is well worth your time to walk the hills before you bomb- just to see what you have to avoid or sweep out before skating.  2. Rail road tracks- I see no way to avoid stopping and walking over these things- unfortunately...they are right at the end of a great run.

I totally took a heals over head digger on the great run before the railroad tracks.. I was attempting to foot break, lost control and ate it. Thankfully- i was wearing the red helmet that you see pictured. The helmet and wrist guards are required gear for me- i suggest the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment